Sunday 9 May 1999
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Mattinson .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.
In UK Swear It Again by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
Notting Hill, directed by Roger Michell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Todo x 2 pesos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ape Escape or Comic Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1999 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?