Tuesday 9 May 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible III, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 2006 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 May
- Estonia ratifies the European Constitution.
- The United Kingdom's new Minister for Local Government, Ruth Kelly, who is a Roman Catholic and a member of Opus Dei, refuses to state whether or not she believes that homosexuality is a sin. (BBC)
- The Mogadishu Islamic Courts and the Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism declare a cease-fire after 57 people are killed, and 103 are wounded, mostly civilians, in the Somalian capital of Mogadishu. (CNN)
- The world's largest annual trade show for the computer and video games industry, the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E³), is held in Los Angeles. (Wired News)
- Two Australian miners are rescued after 14 days trapped in the Beaconsfield mine collapse. (Reuters)
- The Estonian parliament ratifies the European constitution, making Estonia the fifteenth EU country to do so. (EU Observer)
- Lifetime Senator Giorgio Napolitano is elected as the new President of the Italian Republic after four ballots. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?