Thursday 9 November 1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James William and Erika Mann.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1905.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1905!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1905 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- James William: Fulbright (Senator-Democrat-Mo).
- Erika Mann: German actress and writer, the eldest daughter of novelist Thomas Mann and Katia Mann.
- Swedish mine workers win 5 month strike for minimum wages
- The Province of Alberta, Canada, holds its first general election.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1905 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When the Mists Have Rolled Away - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?