Saturday 9 November 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Bilder från Fryksdalen (Gösta Berlings land), directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1907!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1907 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Louis Ferdinand : German nobility, a member of the Hohenzollern family, was the pretender to the abolished German monarchy, staunch opponent of the Nazi Party in Germany, a business man, and patron of the arts.
- Burrill Phillips: Omaha, Nebraska -- Composer (Play Ball).
- Louis Ferdinand of Prussia: Prince.
- Edmonton Rugby Foot-ball Club 1st game, loses to Calgary City Rugby Foot-ball Club 26-5 at Edmonton Exhibition Grounds
- The Cullinan Diamond is presented to King Edward VII on his birthday.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Let's Take an Old-Fashioned Walk - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Harry Lauder - I Love a Lassie (My Scotch Bluebell)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 November 1907 and get them!