Tuesday 9 November 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hendrik van Randwijk and Robert Douglas [Finlayson].
Der kleine Detektiv, directed by Heinrich Bolten-Baeckers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1909 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Hendrik van Randwijk: Dutch author / founder (Vrij Netherland).
- Robert Douglas [Finlayson]: Bletchley, England -- Actor (Adventures of Don Juan).
- Vilhelm Evang: Norwegian military officer.
- Luigi Faggioni: Italy Military man.
- André Clot: Grenoble Journalist.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 November 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Got Rings on My Fingers - Ada Jones
- Honey On Our Honeymoon - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?