Thursday 9 November 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
American Aristocracy, directed by Lloyd Ingraham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 9 November 1916 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 November 1916 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
See other famous people born on 09 November
Octave Gélinier: French economist, writer, and director and president of Cegos from 1950 to 1992.
Martha Putney: American lieutenant historian and educator (d. 2008).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Joe Turner Blues - Prince's Orchestra
By the Sad Luana Shore - Marguerite Farrell
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1916?
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1140
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1139
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1138
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Alongside William Faulkner and John Updike, Booth Tarkington is one of just three authors to win the Pulitzer Prize more than once. Tarkington accomplished the feat with Alice Adams and The Magnificent Ambersons, dramas that explored the lives of fictional ...
A real western novel. The basis of the classic George O'Brien western. Wholesome and clean and uplifting – the spirit of the story – for man or woman make “When a Man’s a Man” supreme reading.
This collection chronicles the fiction and non fiction classics by the greatest writers the world has ever known. The inclusion of both popular as well as overlooked pieces is pivotal to providing a broad and representative collection of classic works.
It was the sixth day of Mr. Direck's first visit to England, and he was at his acutest perception of differences. He found England in every way gratifying and satisfactory, and more of a contrast with things American than he ...
Tell the world why 9 November 1916 is such a special date for you!