Thursday 9 November 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Tess of the Storm Country, directed by John Robertson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1922 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Imre Lakatos: Hungarian mathematician philosopher and academic (d. 1974).
- Dorothy Dandridge: American entertainer and actress, accomplished as a singer and actress on stage, film and TV.
- Raymond Devos: Belgian-French humorist, stand-up comedian and clown.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Buddy - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?