Sunday 9 November 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Frank .
Forbidden Paradise, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1924 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Robert Frank: Swiss-American photographer and film director, important figure in American photography and film.
- Henry Cabot Lodge: American Senator (Born 1850).
- Miriam (Ma) Ferguson becomes 1st elected woman Governor (of Texas)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- John Henry Blues - Fiddlin' John Carson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?