Sunday 9 November 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Forbidden Paradise, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1924 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Robert Frank: Swiss-American photographer and film director, important figure in American photography and film.
- Henry Cabot Lodge: American Senator (Born 1850).
- Miriam (Ma) Ferguson becomes 1st elected woman Governor (of Texas)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- John Henry Blues - Fiddlin' John Carson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 November 1924 and get them!