Monday 9 November 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Alistair Horne and Giuseppe Panini.
Stella Dallas, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1925 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Sir Alistair Horne: British historian.
- Giuseppe Panini: Italian entrepreneur, a self-made man who invented a business of collectibles of small figurines of football players.
- Lazare Gianessi: France sport Champion.
- Alistair Horne: English-American journalist historian and author.
- German NSDAP form SS
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 November 1925
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Save Your Sorrow (For Tomorrow) - Shannon Four
- Gigolette - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Alone At Last - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?