Sunday 9 November 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1947 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Robert Hall: TV Actor.
- Erin Sullivan: Canadian professional astrologer with an international practice, she is a lecturer and author of several books, including "Saturn in Transit" (2001), "Retrograde Planets" (2006) and "The Astrology of Family Dynamics" (2008) among others.
- Robert David Hall: American actor.
- Junagadh is annexed as to Indian military intervention.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 November 1947 and get them!