Thursday 9 November 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1950 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Parekura Horomia: New Zealand politician 40th Minister of Māori Affairs (d. 2013).
- Boston Brave Sam Jethroe wins NL Rookie of Year
- Phillies skipper Eddie Sawyer selected as Manager of Year
- White Sox release Luke Appling, who had been a Sox since 1930
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- To Think You've Chosen Me - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- One Finger Melody - Frank Sinatra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?