Friday 9 November 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Laughter in Paradise, directed by Mario Zampi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1951 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Lou Ferrigno in Brooklyn: New York, USA; body builder/actor (The Incredible Hulk).
- Bill Mantlo: American lawyer and author.
- Lou Ferrigno: American actor and bodybuilder.
- Hetty De Boer-Jongkind: Dutch astrologer, founder of the first four-year vocational school, "Asclepios" for medical astrology in Amsterdam, and in 1990 the "Vakvereniging voor Medische Astrologie" (VMA) with its magazine.
- Hetty de Boer-Jongkind: Founder (Vakvereniging Medical Astrology).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?