Monday 9 November 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1953 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Gaétan Hart: Canadian boxer.
- Rhetta Hughes: American singer and actress.
- Gaetan Hart: Canadian boxer.
- Cambodia (now Kampuchea) gains independence within French Union
- KTVQ TV channel 2 in Billings, MT (CBS / NBC) begins broadcasting
- Supreme Court rules Major League baseball exempt from anti-trust laws
- US Supreme Court rules Major League Baseball exempt from anti-trust laws.
- Cambodia becomes independent from France.
- In Cambodia the Khmer Issarak begins to fight the French Army and the nation joins the First Indochina War but the Kingdom is established.
- The Kingdom of Laos gains its independence from the French Army.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?