Sunday 9 November 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Mon Oncle, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1958 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?