Saturday 9 November 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Bowie and Biaggio Antonacci.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
The Skydivers, directed by Coleman Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1963 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Anthony Bowie: NBA guard (NY Knicks, Orlando Magic).
- Biaggio Antonacci: Italian pop singer, very popular in his country.
- Philippe Remond: French athlete, a marathon runner.
- Fulvio Fantoni: Italian bridge player.
- Tovarich closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 264 performances
- 2 high-speed commuter trains collided with a derailed freight
- 450 die in a coal-dust explosion and 160 die in train crash (Japan)
- At Miike coal mine, Miike, Japan, an explosion kills 458, and hospitalises 839 with carbon monoxide poisoning. Also, in Japan, a three-train disaster occurs in Yokohama, kills more than 160 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?