Monday 9 November 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leah Pells and Robert Duncan McNeill.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
Guns at Batasi, directed by John Guillermin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gideon C.I.D..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1964 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Leah Pells: Vancouver, British Columbia -- 1.5k runner (1996 Olympics).
- Robert Duncan McNeill: American actor.
- John Joseph Thomas in Arcadia: California, USA; actor (Young Daniel Boone).
- Sandra ''Pepa'' Denton: American musician (Salt-N-Pepa).
- Robert McNeill: American actor director and producer.
- Comedy in Music-Opus 2 opens at John Golden NYC for 192 performances
- Eisaku Sato becomes Premier of Japan
- The British House of Commons votes to abolish the death penalty for murder in Britain.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 November 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Jay & the Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Dean Martin - The Door Is Still Open To My Heart
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?