Monday 9 November 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix Experience was in the top 5 hits.
When Moscow Laughs, directed by Boris Barnet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1970 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Chris Jericho: Wrestler.
- Rob Patterson: Guitarist.
- Scarface : Rapper.
- Bill Guerin: American hockey player for the NHL, 6' 2", 210 lbs.
- Susan Tedeschi: American vocalist and guitarist, Her music draws from other musical tradition: blues, rock and reggae.
- Domino : American DJ and producer (Hieroglyphics)
- Nelson Diebel: American swimmer and coach
- Guido Görtzen: Dutch volleyball player
- Guido Gortzen: Dutch volleyball player
- Chad Ogea: Lake Charles, Louisiana -- Pitcher (Cleveland Indians)
- Chantal Brunner: Wellington, New Zealand -- Long jumper (1996 Olympics)
- Melanie Roche: Australian softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Trial of Seattle 8 anti-war protesters begins
- Vietnam War: The Supreme Court of the United States votes 6 to 3 against hearing a case to allow Massachusetts to enforce its law granting residents the right to refuse military service in an undeclared war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Bread - It Don't Matter To Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?