Tuesday 9 November 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Robert Duval and Jimmy Hitchcock.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves by Cher.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1971 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- David Robert Duval: Jacksonville, Florida -- PGA golfer (1995 Bob Hope).
- Jimmy Hitchcock: NFL cornerback (NE Patriots).
- Michael Barber: NFL linebacker (Seattle Seahawks).
- Steve Rhem: NFL wide receiver (NO Saints).
- Big Punisher: American rapper (d. 2000).
- Sabri Lamouchi: French professional footballer who played as a midfielder. He has managed El Jaish in Qatar Stars League since 2014.
- David Duval: American golfer and sportscaster
- Melinda Kinnaman: Swedish actress
- Big Pun: American rapper and actor (Terror Squad) (d. 2000)
- Maude Fealy: American actress and screenwriter (d. 1971).
- John List kills family and moves to Colorado
- A British Royal Air Force C-130 crashes into the Ligurian Sea near Leghorn, Italy, killing all 51 people on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
- Carpenters - Superstar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?