Monday 9 November 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Private Eyes by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Begin The Beguine (Volver A Empezar) by Julio Iglesias was in the top 5 hits.
Time Bandits, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1981!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1981 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Rick Springfield - I've Done Everything For You
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Mike Post - The Theme From Hill Street Blues
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?