Thursday 9 November 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 9 November 2006 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
- Ken Mehlman is to step down as chairman of the National Committee of the United States Republican Party. (CNN)
- Eight synchronized bombs hit car showrooms in Southern Thailand, nine injured. (Reuters)
- Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev formally signs the new Constitution of Kyrgyzstan. The Constitution drastically weakens the power of the executive branch in favor of the legislative. Bakiyev and Prime Minister Felix Kulov are expected to maintain their positions until 2010. (EurasiaNet)
- Montana Senator Conrad Burns concedes his U.S. Senate race to Jon Tester. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- BP settles the last remaining lawsuit from the 2005 explosion at its Texas oil refinery that cost 15 lives. (Reuters via Interactive Investor)
- The Bank of England raises interest rates in the United Kingdom to five percent. (Daily Telegraph)
- Israel braces itself for revenge attacks after yesterday's dawn barrage in the Gaza Strip leaves a family of 18 dead. The general in charge of Israel's Southern Command, Youav Galant, blames problems with the targeting device for the artillery strike. (The Times)
- Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack announces he will be running in the 2008 US Presidential Election. (CNN)
- Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia, is hospitalized following a heart attack. (CNN)
- France successfully performs the first flight test of its new nuclear missile, the M51. (AP via CBS)
- Hundreds of young British Muslims are being radicalised, groomed and set on a path to mass murder, according to the head of MI5 (Security Service), Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller. (The Times)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?