Sunday 9 November 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Quantum of Solace, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Um Mundo Catita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Animal Crossing: City Folk or Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 9 November 2008 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
- A total of €750 million of cocaine is seized off the coast of Ireland, in the largest such seizure in the country's history. (''The Sunday Business Post'')
- The Latvian government effectively nationalizes the country's second-largest bank, Parex, acquiring a controlling 51% stake for the symbolic sum of just two lati. (Reuters)
- The owner of the Haitian school that collapsed is arrested on charges of involuntary manslaughter. (UPI)
- An accident aboard K-152 ''Nerpa'', a nuclear-powered Russian Navy submarine doing a test run in the Sea of Japan, kills more than 20 people. (Al Jazeera)
- An anti-police riot in Shenzhen, China involving 400 people, takes place after a police official threw a walkie-talkie at a motorcyclist causing his death. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?