Tuesday 9 October 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include 13th Earl of Stair and Janis Ivanovs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1906 ?
- 13th Earl of Stair: English Lieutenant Colonel / large landowner.
- Janis Ivanovs: Composer.
- Leopold Sedar Senghor: Senegalese poet and politician (d. 2001).
- Wolfgang Staudte: German film director, script writer and actor.
- J Eyerman: American photographer and journalist (d. 1985).
- Léopold Senghor: Senegalese poet and politician 1st President of Senegal (d. 2001)
- Joseph F Glidden: Inventor (barbed wire).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Peaches and Cream - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?