Wednesday 9 October 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include E Howard Hunt and Lila Kedrova.
The Romance of Tarzan, directed by Wilfred Lucas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1918 ?
- E Howard Hunt: Hamburg, New York -- Involved in Watergate break-in.
- Lila Kedrova: Russian actress (d. 2000).
- Paul-Marc Henry: French diplomat, Ambassador of France to Lebanon 1981-1983.
- Mario Pavan: Italian politician, entomologist, nominated minister of the Fanfani government.
- E Hunt: American CIA officer and author (d. 2007).
- Charles Read: Australian air marshal (d. 2014)
- Bebo Valdés: Cuban-Swedish pianist composer and bandleader (d. 2013)
- Michail V Alekseyev: Russian General (WWI), murdered at 60.
- Landgrave Friedrich Karl of Hessen-Kassel is elected King of Finland.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 October 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- After You've Gone - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Helen Clark - One for All and All for One
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?