Friday 9 October 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Blessed and Nicole Croisille.
The Garden of Allah, directed by Richard Boleslawski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1936 ?
- Brian Blessed: British actor of stage, screen and TV, often noted for his aggressive characterizations.
- Nicole Croisille: French singer and actress, who appeared in 24 films between 1961 and 2005 and recorded albums from 1961.
- Jim Gross: American pro astrologer from 1972, creator of the highly successful "Astro Dice" 1979.
- Hoover Dam begins transmitting electricity to LA
- Generators at Boulder Dam (later renamed to Hoover Dam) begin to generate electricity from the Colorado River and transmit it 266 miles to Los Angeles, California.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?