Thursday 9 October 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1947 ?
- Sally Chisholm: American musician, violist for the Pro Arte Quartet, founder of the award-winning Thouvenal Quartet and professor of viola.
- John Doubleday: English sculptor and painter.
- William McAnulty: American lawyer and judge (d. 2007).
- Tony Zappone: American photographer and journalist.
- Noel Van Tygem: .
- France Gall: French and international popular "yé-yé" singer, daughter of Robert Gall, songwriter, and Cécile (whose father was Paul Berthier, co-founder of "Les Petits Chanteurs à la Croix de Bois"). Married to singer Michel Berger, they had two children. They lost their daughter, Pauline, who was suffering of cystic fibrosis. She announced her retirement in 1997 and is now living in Africa.
- William E McAnulty: Jr., American lawyer (d. 2007)
- High Button Shoes opens at Century Theater NYC for 727 performances
- 1st telephone conversation between a moving car and a plane
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Near You - Elliot Lawrence & His Orchestra
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?