Thursday 9 October 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1952 ?
- Simon Drew: English illustrator.
- John Rose: English businessman.
- Dennis Stratton: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Iron Maiden and Lionheart).
- Victor Castelli: American ballet dancer with New York City Ballet in 1971, creating parts for Balanchine.
- Pierre Jolivet: French director, actor and script-writer.
- Sharon Osbourne: British noted family, the wife of rocker wild-man Ozzy Ozbourne. Married for almost 20 years, their life together hasn't always been easy. In August 1989 Ozzy returned from a festival in Moscow and told his wife to get out, then tried to strangle her. He was arrested and sent to rehab for three months after which they resumed their so-called normal life.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 October 1952 and get them!