Sunday 9 October 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1955 ?
- Linwood Boomer: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Actor (Adam-Little House on the Prairie).
- Steve Ovett: England, United Kingdom -- Runner (1980 Olympics - 800m Gold, 1500m Bronze).
- Peter Saville: English graphic designer and art director.
- Maryse Toulousy: French sommelier, the wife of chef Dominique Toulousy.
- Theodor Innitzer: Austrian cardinal (Born 1875).
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Richmond Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 October 1955 and get them!