Sunday 9 October 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maryse Toulousy and Linwood Boomer.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Ole Opry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1955 ?
- Maryse Toulousy: French sommelier, the wife of chef Dominique Toulousy.
- Linwood Boomer: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Actor (Adam-Little House on the Prairie).
- Steve Ovett: England, United Kingdom -- Runner (1980 Olympics - 800m Gold, 1500m Bronze).
- Peter Saville: English graphic designer and art director.
- Theodor Innitzer: Austrian cardinal (Born 1875).
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Richmond Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 October 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?