Thursday 9 October 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael ParT in Brooklyn and Al Jourgensen.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frances Farmer Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1958 ?
- Michael ParT in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Greatest American Hero, Houston Knights).
- Al Jourgensen: Cuban-American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Alan Nunnelee: American lawyer and politician (d. 2015).
- Michael Paré: American actor.
- Mike Singletary: American football player and coach.
- Pius XII [Eugenio Pacelli]: Pope (1939-58), dies at 82.
- New York Yankees beat Milwaukee Braves 4 games to 3 in 55th World Series - Yankees appear in 9 and win 7 of last ten World Series.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
- Roger Williams - Near You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?