Sunday 9 October 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pietro Poli and Bruno Rossetti.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
Midnight Lace, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King Leonardo and His Short Subjects.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1960 ?
- Pietro Poli: Italian professional rower, the winner of a Gold Medal at Seoul Olympics in 1988 on the 2-man rowing team.
- Bruno Rossetti: French skeet shooter, winner of the bronze medal at Barcelona 1992.
- Maddie Blaustein: American voice actress (Born 1960).
- Kenny Garrett: American saxophonist and composer (Five Peace Band).
- Cowboy QB Eddie LeBaron throws shortest touchdown pass (2)
- Howard Glenn, New York Titans' player, dies of injuries sustained in the day's game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?