Sunday 9 October 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1966 ?
- Christopher Östlund: Swedish publisher founded Plaza Magazine.
- Christopher Ostlund: Swedish publisher and entrepreneur.
- Mike Williams: NFL wide receiver (Miami Dolphins).
- David Cameron: British politician, elected Leader of the Conservative Party in December 2005 and the leader of the Opposition in the United Kingdom since 4 December 2005.
- John Lennon meets Yoko Ono at a London art gallery
- Rolling Stones 1st LP recorded Got Live if you Want It
- Baltimore Orioles sweep Los Angeles Dodgers, in 63rd World Series.
- Vietnam War:Binh Tai massacre
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- The Four Seasons - I've Got You Under My Skin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?