Tuesday 9 October 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Half-Breed by Cher.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Paper Chase, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1973!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1973 ?
- Fabio Lione: Italian singer-songwriter and keyboard player.
- Steve Burns: American actor and musician.
- Terry Balsamo: American guitarist (Evanescence).
- Erin Daniels: American actress.
- Carlos Pavon: Honduran footballer.
- Alexey Trochshinskiy: Hockey defenseman (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998)
- Brandon Pollard: Richmond, Virginia -- Soccer defender (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Dexter McCleon: Cornerback (St. Louis Rams)
- 1st general striking in Luxembourg since 1942
- Israel announces loss of Bar-Lev defense line in Suez Canal
- Warriors-Cavalier game in Cleveland postponed because of wet floors
- Elvis and Priscilla Presley divorce after six years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- Cher - Half-Breed
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 October 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?