Tuesday 9 October 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Half-Breed by Cher.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Paper Chase, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1973!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1973 ?
- Alexey Trochshinskiy: Hockey defenseman (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998).
- Brandon Pollard: Richmond, Virginia -- Soccer defender (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dexter McCleon: Cornerback (St. Louis Rams).
- Terry Balsamo: American guitarist (Evanescence).
- Erin Daniels: American actress.
- Carlos Pavon: Honduran footballer
- Steve Burns: American actor and musician
- Fabio Lione: Italian singer-songwriter and keyboard player
- 1st general striking in Luxembourg since 1942
- Israel announces loss of Bar-Lev defense line in Suez Canal
- Warriors-Cavalier game in Cleveland postponed because of wet floors
- Elvis and Priscilla Presley divorce after six years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Half-Breed
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?