Saturday 9 October 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to A Fifth Of Beethoven by Walter Murphy.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1976 ?
- William Alexander: American author and educator.
- Lee Peacock: Scottish footballer and coach.
- Özlem Türköne: Turkish journalist and politician.
- Rebecca Darrington: Gillette, Wyoming -- Miss America - Wyoming (1997).
- Will Miller: American suicide, shooting himself in the head 12/27/1992, Santa Fe, MN, age 16.
- Nick Swardson: American actor
- Walter Warlimont: German General WWII (Born 1894).
- Robber Bridegroom opens at Biltmore Theater NYC for 145 performances
- Peter Petherick takes hat-trick on debut New Zealand vs. Pakistan Javed 1st wkt
- Yanks 1st AL Championship game, beat Royals 4-1
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- Orleans - Still The One
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?