Tuesday 9 October 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Paranormal Activity, directed by Oren Peli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 9 October 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 October
- Enrico Banducci: American nightclub owner (Born 1922).
- SAB Miller and Molson Coors announce a joint venture, MillerCoors, to better compete with Anheuser-Busch in the US market.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes at a high of 14,164.53.
- The British Government drops plans to ban the mixing of sperm and eggs from different species. (The Guardian)
- Christian Von Wernich, a Roman Catholic priest and former police chaplain is sentenced to a life sentence for his role in torture, kidnapping and murder during Argentina's dirty war. (Reuters via News Limited)
- The United States Supreme Court dismisses the case of the German citizen Khalid El-Masri who accuses the CIA of abducting him to a secret prison in Afghanistan where he claims he was tortured. The US government had argued that a public trial would reveal state secrets. (LA Times)
- Pakistan - Battle of Mir Ali:
- 20 people are injured in Peshawar, Pakistan, when a bomb rips through a music shop.
- At least sixty people are killed as Pakistani aircraft bomb a bazaar in Epi village in North Waziristan. (CNN)
- War in Iraq:
- Employees of Australian-owned security firm Unity Resources Group open fire on a car in Baghdad killing two Iraqi women. (CNN)
- Twin blasts in the town of Baiji kill at least eight people and injures dozens more. (BBC)
- Japan extends sanctions against North Korea, citing a lack of progress in a dispute about the abduction of Japanese nationals. (BBC)
- The President of France Nicolas Sarkozy travels to Moscow to meet with the President of Russia Vladimir Putin to discuss a broad range of policies including Kosovo, Chechnya, and Iran. (AFP via Google)
- Albert Fert and Peter Grünberg are announced as winners of the 2007 Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery of giant magnetoresistance. (USA Today)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?