Sunday 9 October 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carnation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tetris: Axis or Nicktoons MLB.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 9 October 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 October
- 2011 Libyan civil war: ousted Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi's stronghold of Sirte is reportedly close to being conquered by the forces of the National Transitional Council, who have captured the city's airport, hospital, university and conference centre. (BBC)
- At least 25 people are killed and many more injured after protesters and security forces clash in the Egyptian capital of Cairo, during a protest in response to an attack on a Coptic church. (Reuters)
- Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney marries American heiress Nancy Shevell at a ceremony in London. (BBC)
- A magnitude 4.3 earthquake hits the southern coast of El Hierro in the southwestern Canary Islands of Spain, the strongest such earthquake to occur in an earthquake swarm on the island. The quake is believed to have been caused by rising magma, which has forced evacuations amid fears of an impending volcanic eruption, which last occurred on El Hierro in 1793. (''Philippine Star'')
- Voters in Cameroon go to the polls for a presidential election, with incumbent President Paul Biya likely to be re-elected. (AFP via Fen)
- Voters in Poland go to the polls for a parliamentary election, with Prime Minister Donald Tusk's Civic Platform – Polish People's Party coalition becoming the first government to be reelected since Poland transitioned to democracy in 1989. (Reuters)
- The French Socialist Party holds a nationwide primary election to choose its candidate for the 2012 presidential election, with over 1 million voters participating and François Hollande and Martine Aubry entering a run-off election. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- Having spread across the United States, anti-corruption Occupy Wall Street protests reach Canada, London, and The Hague. (Radio Netherlands)
- In motorsports, Sebastian Vettel of Germany wins the Formula One World Championship, becoming the youngest driver to win the Drivers' Championship twice. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?