Friday 9 September 1904
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Quo Vadis?, directed by Lucien Nonguet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1904.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1904!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1904 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- William Hart: Scottish ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest and Bishop of Dunkeld in 1955.
- Feroze Khan: Indian-Pakistani field hockey player and coach (d. 2005).
- Arthur Laing: Canadian lawyer and politician 9th Canadian Minister of Veterans Affairs (d. 1975).
- Boston Herald again refers to New York baseball club as Yankees, when it reports Yankees take 2, Yankee name not official till 1913
- Mounted police 1st used in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, My Lady Love - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?