Thursday 9 September 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Aldridge and Robert Wood Johnson III.
Lederstrumpf, 1. Teil: Der Wildtöter und Chingachgook, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1920 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Michael Aldridge: Glastonbury, England -- Actor (Murder in Cathedral).
- Robert Wood Johnson III: American philanthropist (d. 1970).
- Wally Boag in Portland: Oregon, USA; performer at Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe Revue about 40,000 times from 1955 to 1982, actor in The Absent-Minded Professor, The Love Bug, voice of Jose parrot in Enchanted Tiki Room, named a Disney Legend in 1995.
- Jean Farran: French journalist who headed the radio station RTL from 1966 to 1978.
- Ben Logan: American novelist, nonfiction writer, editor, lecturer, teacher and producer-writer for TV and radio.
- Henri Ducassou: St Nazaire EXecutives
- Jean Richard: Mirecourt Military man
- Neil Chotem: Canadian pianist, conductor and composer (d. 2008)
- Feng Kang: Chinese mathematician and physicist (d. 1993)
- Robert Johnson: American businessman and philanthropist (d. 1970)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pretty Kitty Kelly - Charles Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?