Thursday 9 September 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Lederstrumpf, 1. Teil: Der Wildtöter und Chingachgook, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1920 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Wally Boag in Portland: Oregon, USA; performer at Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe Revue about 40,000 times from 1955 to 1982, actor in The Absent-Minded Professor, The Love Bug, voice of Jose parrot in Enchanted Tiki Room, named a Disney Legend in 1995.
- Jean Farran: French journalist who headed the radio station RTL from 1966 to 1978.
- Henri Ducassou: St Nazaire EXecutives.
- Robert Wood Johnson III: American philanthropist (d. 1970).
- Jean Richard: Mirecourt Military man.
- Ben Logan: American novelist, nonfiction writer, editor, lecturer, teacher and producer-writer for TV and radio. He received many awards for his creative work. He produced two call-in radio shows, had credits on the film "Hello Up There," and produced the TV series "Breakthrough." He is the author of "The Land Remembers" and "The Empty Meadow."
- Neil Chotem: Canadian pianist, conductor and composer (d. 2008)
- Feng Kang: Chinese mathematician and physicist (d. 1993)
- Robert Johnson: American businessman and philanthropist (d. 1970)
- Michael Aldridge: Glastonbury, England -- Actor (Murder in Cathedral)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pretty Kitty Kelly - Charles Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 September 1920 and get them!