Thursday 9 September 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Lederstrumpf, 1. Teil: Der Wildtöter und Chingachgook, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1920 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Wally Boag in Portland: Oregon, USA; performer at Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe Revue about 40,000 times from 1955 to 1982, actor in The Absent-Minded Professor, The Love Bug, voice of Jose parrot in Enchanted Tiki Room, named a Disney Legend in 1995.
- Jean Farran: French journalist who headed the radio station RTL from 1966 to 1978.
- Henri Ducassou: St Nazaire EXecutives.
- Robert Wood Johnson III: American philanthropist (d. 1970).
- Jean Richard: Mirecourt Military man.
- Ben Logan: American novelist, nonfiction writer, editor, lecturer, teacher and producer-writer for TV and radio. He received many awards for his creative work. He produced two call-in radio shows, had credits on the film "Hello Up There," and produced the TV series "Breakthrough." He is the author of "The Land Remembers" and "The Empty Meadow."
- Neil Chotem: Canadian pianist, conductor and composer (d. 2008)
- Feng Kang: Chinese mathematician and physicist (d. 1993)
- Robert Johnson: American businessman and philanthropist (d. 1970)
- Michael Aldridge: Glastonbury, England -- Actor (Murder in Cathedral)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pretty Kitty Kelly - Charles Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?