Saturday 9 September 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Derrick Parsons and MacKenzie John.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1922 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Anthony Derrick Parsons: Diplomat.
- MacKenzie John: Pipe major.
- Hans Georg Dehmelt: German-born physicist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Bernard Bailyn: American historian author and academic.
- Hoyt Curtin: American composer and producer (d. 2000).
- Hans Dehmelt: German-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Manolis Glezos: Greek journalist and politician
- Warwick Kerr: Brazilian geneticist entomologist and engineer
- Turkish troops conquer Smyrna / murder Greek citizens
- William T Cosgrave replaces Irish Premier Collins
- Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922 ends with Turkish victory over the Greeks.
- ''The Sun News-Pictorial'', a predecessor of the Melbourne, Australia ''Herald Sun'', is founded.
- The Mandate of Palestine is approved by the Council of the League of Nations.
- The Gdynia Seaport Construction Act is passed by the Polish Parliament.
- The highest temperature in recorded history is taken in at 136.4 degrees F (58 degrees C), in El Aziziyah, Libya in the shade.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Hot Lips
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?