Sunday 9 September 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Carleton Gajdusek and Jean-Maxime Lévêque.
Zaza, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1923 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Daniel Carleton Gajdusek: American virologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 2008).
- Jean-Maxime Lévêque: French government official and business leader.
- Max Lüscher: Swiss psychotherapist.
- Cliff Robertson: American actor, the winner of an Emmy for "The Game" on TV's Chrysler Theatre in 1965 and an Oscar for "Charley" on 4/14/1969.
- Daniel Gajdusek: American physician and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2008).
- Jimmy Perry: English actor singer and screenwriter
- Albin Stenroos runs world record 20 km (1:07:11.2)
- Turkish head of state Atatürk founds the CHP.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Stella - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?