Sunday 9 September 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Zaza, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1923 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Daniel Carleton Gajdusek: American virologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 2008).
- Daniel Gajdusek: American physician and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2008).
- Jimmy Perry: English actor singer and screenwriter.
- Cliff Robertson: American actor, the winner of an Emmy for "The Game" on TV's Chrysler Theatre in 1965 and an Oscar for "Charley" on 4/14/1969.
- Jean-Maxime Lévêque: French government official and business leader.
- Max Lüscher: Swiss psychotherapist. He's known for inventing the Lüscher color test, a tool for measuring the person's psychophysical state based on his or her color preferences. Besides research, teaching and practicing psychotherapy in Basel, Lüscher worked for international companies, amongst other things giving color advice. His book "The Lüscher Test" has been translated into more than 30 languages.
- Albin Stenroos runs world record 20 km (1:07:11.2)
- Turkish head of state Atatürk founds the CHP.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Stella - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?