Wednesday 9 September 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zoltan Latinovits and Earl Averill.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1931!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1931 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Zoltan Latinovits: Hungarian actor (d. 1976).
- Earl Averill: American athlete, professional baseball player for the Cleveland Indians.
- Robin Hyman: English author and publisher.
- Zoltán Latinovits: Hungarian actor and author (d. 1976).
- Shirley Summerskill: English physician and politician.
- Margaret Tyzack: English actress (d. 2011)
- Lujo [Ludwig J von] Brentano: German economist dies at 86.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 September 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?