Friday 9 September 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ali Doelman-Pel and Sylvia Miles.
Thirteen Women, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1932!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1932 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Ali Doelman-Pel: Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Sylvia Miles: NYC, New York -- Actress (Midnight Cowboy, Farewell My Lovely).
- William Dooley: American singer, an internationally known baritone and recording artist.
- Gene O’Quin: American country and western and honky tonk singer.
- Bill Porter: American salesman born with cerebral palsy who became the subject of an inspirational articles, a book and a movie.
- Müşfik Kenter: Turkish actor (d. 2012)
- Mine strikes at Belgian Borinage ended
- Spanish Cortes grants Catalonia autonomy
- Steamboat SS Observation explodes in NYC East River (71 killed)
- Frank Crosetti ties record, strikes out twice in one inning.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?