Friday 9 September 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Thirteen Women, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1932!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1932 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Ali Doelman-Pel: Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Sylvia Miles: NYC, New York -- Actress (Midnight Cowboy, Farewell My Lovely).
- Müşfik Kenter: Turkish actor (d. 2012).
- Gene O’Quin: American country and western and honky tonk singer.
- Bill Porter: American salesman born with cerebral palsy who became the subject of an inspirational articles, a book and a movie.
- William Dooley: American singer, an internationally known baritone and recording artist. He served in the U.S. Army 1954-56; married 7 /14/1957.
- Mine strikes at Belgian Borinage ended
- Spanish Cortes grants Catalonia autonomy
- Steamboat SS Observation explodes in NYC East River (71 killed)
- Frank Crosetti ties record, strikes out twice in one inning.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?