Tuesday 9 September 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1941 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Otis Redding in Georgia: USA; rocker ("Sitting on the Dock of the Bay").
- Curtis Otto Bismark Curtis-Smith: Composer.
- Otis Redding: singer ("Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay"), dies in plane crash at age 26.
- Accardo Salvatore: Italian violinist, famed for the beauty of his music.
- Dennis Ritchie: American computer scientist created the C programming language (d. 2011).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 September 1941 and get them!