Saturday 9 September 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Wopat in Lodi and Gogi Alauddin.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Treasury Men in Action.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1950 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Tom Wopat in Lodi: Wisconsin, USA; actor (Luke Duke - The Dukes of Hazzard).
- Gogi Alauddin: Pakistani squash player and coach.
- John McFee: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Doobie Brothers and Southern Pacific).
- 1st use of TV laugh track-Hank McCune
- Massive arrests of communists in France
- The U.S. state of California celebrates its centennial anniversary.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?