Thursday 9 September 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brenda Epperson and Marc Dunn.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Help! by The Beatles.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Long, Hot Summer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1965 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Brenda Epperson: Actress (Ashley Abbott - Young and the Restless).
- Marc Dunn: Kingston, Ontario -- Volleyball player (1996 Olympics).
- Joseph Druce: American criminal and convicted murderer, Druce killed defrocked priest John Geoghan.
- Dan Majerle: American basketball player: guard/forward, Heat.
- Shawn Ray: Bodybuilder.
- Charles Esten: Comedian
- Constance Marie: American actress
- Chip Esten: American actor and singer
- Michelle Johnson: American actress
- Marcel Peeper: Dutch footballer
- Todd Zeile: Van Nuys, California -- Infielder (Philadelphia Phillies)
- Julian Antonio Carillo-Trujillo: Composer, dies at 90.
- Francois Mitterrand nominated for French presidency
- Sandy Koufax pitches his fourth no-hitter, a perfect game versus Chicago Cubs (1-0).
- Tibet is made an autonomous region of China.
- The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development is established.
- Hurricane Betsy makes its second landfall near New Orleans, Louisiana, leaving 76 dead and $1.42 billion ($10 : 12 billion in 2005 dollars) in damages, becoming the first hurricane to top $1 billion in unadjusted damages.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Help!
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag Part 1
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?