Thursday 9 September 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Romulo Eugenio Togni and John Kuhn.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Chicago.
In UK Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Different Seasons by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tom, Dick and Harriet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dunzhin or Escape.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1982 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Romulo Eugenio Togni: Brazilian footballer.
- John Kuhn: American football player.
- Graham Onions: English cricketer.
- Ai Otsuka: Japanese singer-songwriter pianist and actress (Rabbit).
- Eugênio Togni: Brazilian footballer.
- Frederic Dannay [Ellery Queen]: United States -- Detective writer, dies at 76.
- Your Arms are Too Short... opens at Alvin NYC for 69 performances
- Columbia mated with SRBs and external tank in preparation for STS-5
- Conestoga 1, first private commercial rocket, makes suborbital flight.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 September 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wasted On The Way
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?