Wednesday 9 September 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2009 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Sparrow Madden: American noted family, the second child and first son of television personality Nicole Richie and singer Joel Madden.
- US Representative Joe Wilson (R-SC) interrupts President Barack Obama's health care speech to the Congress with an audible shout of ampquotYou lie!ampquot (''New York Times'')
- Floods in Istanbul, the worst in 80 years, kill around 20 people and injure a further 20. (Reuters)
- The Democratic Party of Japan agrees to form a coalition with two other parties, the Social Democratic Party and People's New Party. (Xinhua)
- South Korea accuses North Korea of deliberately releasing water from a dam across the Korean Demilitarized Zone, in which six people died. (Associated Press)
- Iranian authorities close the offices of opposition leader Mehdi Karroubi, confiscating material. (Press TV)
- A new series of hypodermic needle stabbings occur in Ürümqi, northwestern China. (''The Straits Times'')
- The son of former Filipino President Corazon Aquino, Benigno Aquino III, announces his intention to run for the presidency. (''The Australian'')
- North Korea holds celebrations to mark the 61st anniversary of its founding. (''The Straits Times'')
- Stephen Farrell, a journalist with ''The New York Times'', is rescued in northern Afghanistan after four days as a captive of the Taliban, but his Afghan colleague Mohammad Sultan Munadi is shot dead during the raid. (''The Irish Times'')
- ampquotBeatles Dayampquot is celebrated worldwide as remastered versions of The Beatles' albums are released, as well as ''The Beatles: Rock Band''. (''Newsday'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?