Thursday 9 September 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Town, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching JonTron.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead or Bit.Trip Fate.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2010 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 September
- In San Bruno, California, a gas pipeline explosion destroys 38 homes, kills at least four people, and leaves a large crater in the ground.
- Islamist militant group Boko Haram raid a prison in Bauchi, northern Nigeria, freeing 721 inmates. (AllAfrica.com)
- At least 16 people are killed and 98 injured in an apparent suicide bombing in the Russian Caucasus city of Vladikavkaz. (RIA Novosti)
- Battle of Mogadishu (2010)
- A bomb explodes at Mogadishu Airport in Somalia. (Reuters)
- United States Marines board and seize control of a German-owned vessel, Magellan Star, previously captured by pirates off the coast of Somalia. (CNN)
- Archaeologists date the mound of Moot Hill in Scone Palace where medieval Kings of Scotland including Robert the Bruce were crowned back to at least 1,000 years ago. (''The Scotsman'')
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission rejects a $A13 billion bid by the National Australia Bank for AXA Asia Pacific. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Tropical Storm Meranti is forecast to bring heavy rains to Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi and Hainan provinces in the People's Republic of China, as well as in Taiwan. (Xinhua)
- The 2010 San Bruno, California fire begins with a massive explosion in a natural gas line destroying dozens of houses, killing at least 6 people, and continues burning in San Bruno, California near the US city of San Francisco. (''Silicon Valley Mercury News'')
- An Iranian diplomat at the United Nations states that United States citizen Sarah Shourd will be released ampquotvery soonampquot. (AFP via Google News)
- The National Council of Resistance of Iran claims that Iran is building a secret uranium enrichment facility in Abyek. (Haaretz)
- ampquotGround zeroampquot mosque and cultural centre controversy
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the President of Indonesia, and Asif Ali Zardari, the President of Pakistan, call on President of the United States, Barack Obama, to stop International Burn a Koran Day being organised by the Dove World Outreach Center. (''The Telegraph'')
- Barack Obama describes the event as ampquota clear recruitment bonanza for al-Qaidaampquot and warns that it will endanger US soldiers. (MSNBC)
- US businessman Donald Trump offers to buy out one of the major investors in the Park51 site in New York City where a Muslim group wanted to build a 13-story Islamic centre and mosque. (AP via ''Minneapolis Star-Tribune'')
- Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center agrees to call off the Koran burning in return for the Park51 community center being relocated, though those associated with Park51 have stated no such agreement exists. (MSNBC)
- Wang Huayuan, a top anti-corruption official in China's Shandong province, is sentenced to death for accepting $1 million in bribes. (AP via Google News)
- US District Court Judge Virginia A. Phillips rules that the United States military's don't ask, don't tell policy violates the First Amendment rights of gay men and lesbians. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?