Tuesday 10 April 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1917 ?
- Morty Corb: American jazz double-bassist who had a long career as a musician from 1946 until his death in 1996.
- Jagjit Lyallpuri: Indian politician (d. 2013).
- Robert Woodward: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1979).
- Munition factory explosion at Eddystone Pennsylvania, kills 133 workers.
- An ammunition factory explosion in Chester, Pennsylvania kills 133.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Reinald Werrenrath
- Put On Your Slippers & Fill Up Your Pipe (You're Not Going Bye-Bye Tonight - Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 April 1917 and get them!