Wednesday 10 April 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Armand [Herman and Caterina Caselli.
Dragonwyck, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1946 ?
- Armand [Herman: van Loenhout]; singer (Blommenkinders).
- Caterina Caselli: Italian record producer and former singer and actress.
- Babs Kirby: British astrologer in the humanistic field, a psychotherapist who uses Gestalt encounter therapy.
- Steve Sanger: American marketing administrator, CEO and Chairman of General Mills.
- David Angell: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2001).
- Bob Watson: American baseball player and manager
- Adolf Winkelmann: German director producer and screenwriter
- 1st election for Japanese Diet
- In Japan, women vote for the first time, during elections for the House of Representatives of the 90th Imperial Diet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Sioux City Sue - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Teddy Walters
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Personality - Bing Crosby (Eddie Condon Orchestra)
- Billy Eckstine - Prisoner of Love
- The Mad Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- You Won't be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?