Thursday 10 April 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Russell and Bunny Waller.
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1947 ?
- Karl Russell: Rocker.
- Bunny Waller: vocalist/percussionist (Bob Marley and Wailers).
- Daniel Bilalian: French journalist and TV presenter of Armenian descent, he was named director of sports programs for France Televisions.
- Albert Cirimeli: American mime student with Marceau, member of the Los Angeles Mime Troupe since 1974.
- Paolo Malco: Italian film actor, best known for his roles in horror films, and later in many Italian TV mini-series.
- Claude Thélot: French senior government official, the honorary master advisor to the Court of Auditors. He was successively director of the Evaluation and Planning at the Ministry of Education (1990-1997), President of HCEE (2000-2003) and President of the Commission of the national debate on the future of schools (2003-2004). He is the author of numerous books including "Réussir l'école: pour une politique éducative" written with Philippe Joutard (Seuil, 1999).
- David A: David A. Adler. American author and educator
- William Castell: English businessman
- Bunny Wailer: Jamaican singer-songwriter and drummer (Bob Marley and the Wailers)
- Jackie Robinson becomes 1st black in major league baseball (Dodgers)
- King Frederik IX of Denmark crowned.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 April 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Adobe Hacienda - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Heartaches - Harry James & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?