Friday 10 April 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terre Roche and Pierre-Michel Menger.
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Titanic, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Plymouth Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1953!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1953 ?
- Terre Roche: rocker (Roches).
- Pierre-Michel Menger: French sociologist, specializing in the worlds of art and creativity.
- Marta Sahagún: Mexican press secretary for Vincent Fox, who won the election as Mexico's new president on 7/02/2000.
- David Moorcroft: English runner and businessman.
- Pamela Wallin: Canadian journalist academic and politician.
- House of Wax, first 3-D movie, is released (New York City, New York).
- 7th NBA Championship: Minneapolis Lakers beat the New York Knicks, 4 games to 1
- Warner Brothers premieres the first 3-D film from a major American studio, entitled House of Wax.
- Melbourne Knights is founded as Croatia SC in Melbourne.
- Ian Fleming publishes his first James Bond novel, ''Casino Royale'' in the United Kingdom.
- The German football team SG Dynamo Dresden is founded.
- President Eisenhower delivers his ampquotChance for Peaceampquot speech to the National Association of Newspaper Editors.
- A four-story building in Chicago belonging to the Habar Corporation catches fire, killing 35 employees.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 April 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song From Moulin Rouge (Where is Your Heart) - Percy Faith & His Orchestra (Vocal Faliecia Sanders)
- April In Portugal - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?